Skills to be mastered before moving to the next level...
* Position corrections limited to subtleties at walk and posting trot
* Walk: Transitions between medium walk and free walk
* Trot: Sitting trot
* Trot: Straight centerlines to halt
* Canter: Canter in dressage seat
* Canter: Transition on centerline - picking up the requested lead
* Canter: Can maintain canter in a group of more than 3
* Straight and accurate transitions; walk-trot, trot-canter, canter-trot, trot-walk, trot-halt
* All larger school figures (Circles to 10 meters, half-circle reverse, figure eight, serpentines) at the trot
* Aids: Leg yielding from a circle at walk and trot
* Aids: Leg yield from the quarter-line to track at walk and trot
* Aids: Proper use of dressage whip
* Ability to ride USEF Training level dressage tests 1 and 2
* Ability to sustain canter/full use of arena
* Two point canter over ground poles
* Cantering in the field
* Jumping small logs in field
* Single verticals to 2'-3"
* Can maintain trot in and out of jumps to 2'-3" and course to 2'
* Horse feeds and feeding
* Hoof care and foot problems
* Behavior problems
* Signs of health and sickness
Additional skills to be introduced & practiced...
* Canter without stirrups
* Sitting and posting without stirrups
* Riding a drill
* Concept of inside leg to outside rein
* Letting the horse "chew the reins out" of the hand
* Banks in fields - UP ONLY
* Single verticals 2'-6"; spreads and grids 2'
* Mini course work trotting and some cantering to height 2' to 2'-3"
* Hand gallop
* USEF Dressage tests - progression of levels
* Distances between jumps - 1 stride, 2 stride, etc
* Show attire, etiquette
11:00 am w/ Mary Ann (Dressage)
6:30 pm w/ Michala (Event)
5:30 pm w/ Michala
6:30 pm w/ Michala (Dressage)
10:30 am w/ Michala (Dressage)
11:30am w/ Michala (Teen)
Please call the office for the most up to date schedule of group lessons. Intermediate 2 private lessons may be
scheduled at a variety of times; please call for details.
|LESSON LEVELS: Intermediate 2