Our amazing Summer Camp is open to all students, 7 to 14 years of age. This
summer program is designed to be both fun and educational. A wide variety of
topics will be taught combining generous riding time with demonstrations,
games, and hands on experience in horse management and care.
The camp is an excellent way for beginners to get to know horses because it
offers "hands on" experience with grooming and handling sessions as well as
daily riding lessons. For experienced riders, the continuity of daily lessons and
the increased individual attention helps children progress even faster than in
weekly horseback riding lessons.
2021 Dates & Forms:
Please be sure to fill out and send in all 3 forms found in the links to the
left (Registration Packet, Fee Calculator, Disclaimer).
Students learn to:
* trot: posting, two-point & sitting
* control the direction of their horse
* canter: two-point & full seat
* jump small jumps
* perform basic dressage movements
* trail ride, weather & condition dependent
* be safe around horses!
Progression of students will depend on the
individuals age, previous experience and general capability.
Daily Activities include:
* 1 morning riding lesson
* horsemanship lessons: daily care, horse safety, grooming, tacking,
* interactive lectures
* arts & crafts
Daily schedule is subject to change dependent on weather conditions and
special events at camp.
Reddemeade's Facilities include:
* 240' indoor arena with connecting stalls
* air conditioned lounge with audio-visual center and lavatory
* outdoor rings, cross country jumps
* miles of shaded trails
* AND an exclusive, air conditioned Camp Clubhouse
Hours are 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Two week session: TBD
Single week during the summer: TBD
Additional week during the summer
(if already enrolled in a 2 week session): TBD
Additional discounts may apply; see registration form
If you have any questions, please feel free to call or email our camp
Summer Camp Registration
summer best thing
about camp was that
we were able to tack
up and groom the
horses by ourselves."
"Excellent ratios and
State of MD Camp